New foods and new understandings
Yesterday we went to have Ethiopian food with Jay (grandpa's in town!) and his friend Rick. Jay was in town for a meeting and he is staying the weekend. We had gone to eat Ethiopian when Priya and Mike were here and Saha had her first taste if injera bread, which she loved. She had some more last night but this time she also had some of the lentils from the plate and also a bit of the good juice-soaked injera from underneath the different dishes and she loved them all. We really say that she's now eaten Ethiopian food.
This morning I also know definitively that Saha understands the word "clap." I had just finished changing her and she was lying on the table. Without making any motions, I said "Clap, clap, clap, Saha, clap, clap, clap," and she did! We are also pretty sure that she understands the word "kiss" because more than half the time we say "give me a kiss" we'll either get one on the cheek, shoulder, etc, or she will blow us a kiss with her hand. Now if only she would learn the signs for "more" and "milk" and "all done!" (and not keep answering "ma ma ma" with "DA!")
This morning I also know definitively that Saha understands the word "clap." I had just finished changing her and she was lying on the table. Without making any motions, I said "Clap, clap, clap, Saha, clap, clap, clap," and she did! We are also pretty sure that she understands the word "kiss" because more than half the time we say "give me a kiss" we'll either get one on the cheek, shoulder, etc, or she will blow us a kiss with her hand. Now if only she would learn the signs for "more" and "milk" and "all done!" (and not keep answering "ma ma ma" with "DA!")
Comments
Post a Comment