Last weekend - Swimming lessons, et al.

Saha had her first day of swimming and soccer this past Saturday. She had swimming at 11 and soccer at 2. Here are some pics of Saha and Allen swimming.

Joining the rest of the class


Learning to get in and out of the pool



Blowing bubbles
We went out to lunch after swimming and then I came home and Allen took Saha to soccer. She ended up napping in the car for about 25 minutes, but I don't think that was enough because she didn't really pay much attention during soccer and wasn't really following directions.

They came home and she was not in a good mood behavior-wise. We tried to get her to take a nap but after over an hour in her bed, and still awake, we decided that it wasn't worth it for her to fall asleep at that point and we would just put her to bed early.

Allen and I had tickets to go to a taping of Jeopardy on Saturday evening but because of Saha's bad mood, we decided not go because we didn't think it would be very nice to impose that bad mood on our friends Alisa and Jeff, who had graciously offered to babysit, so we gave them the tickets. It was fine because we were able to relax and I was able to study some. They came over for a glass of wine afterward, so we still got to have some fun "adult" time.

They offered to babysit for us Sunday night so that we could go see this local play called "Watch Out, or the Sharks Will Eat You" which was a one-man show about the actor/writer's escape by boat from Cuba when he was 4 years old. It was a great story and he delivered it in a very compelling and touching fashion. I was really glad that we were able to go see it. Thanks Alisa and Jeff!



Comments